(no subject)
Dec. 16th, 2009 11:54 pmI am having trouble. I got a referral from my primary doctor to go to a pain clinic, but my insurance doesn't have anyone within 30 miles of me, so they said they'd approve someone outside the network. But I've called probably 7 or 8 different places (some of them more than once when I got transferred around) and the places I've found either a. don't accept outpatients (inpatient only - hospitals) or b. refuse to even consider taking the approval from my insurance.
I don't know what to do, and with the weather changing, I'm in a lot more pain than usual. Does anyone have any ideas?
(Crossposted)
I don't know what to do, and with the weather changing, I'm in a lot more pain than usual. Does anyone have any ideas?
(Crossposted)
no subject
Date: 2009-12-17 06:20 am (UTC)Best wishes to you.
no subject
Date: 2009-12-17 07:17 am (UTC)I love my insurance company but they are unable to help me with this. :(
tsMxcIyKCyewWzlM
Date: 2013-05-28 07:19 am (UTC)GLcCckFVeKifa
Date: 2013-06-11 06:10 am (UTC)uCsFZCBGkaRWQvf
Date: 2013-06-11 10:17 am (UTC)kRlYjuxpEJRa
Date: 2013-05-28 06:06 am (UTC)PKtecYYowvd
Date: 2013-06-09 05:54 am (UTC)ShFcFeNXDiPANNRqLU
Date: 2013-06-11 10:40 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2009-12-17 12:38 pm (UTC)If you mean an intensive program that lasts a couple of weeks, in which case it might be worth a bit of travel. I know the Mayo Clinic, for example, has, in addition to the fibro clinic, an outpatient pain program (you come in for a few hours every day for two weeks). It's a few states over, but if things are that bad, it could well be worth the investment.
If you mean something like a rheumatologist, I'd suggest calling your primary doctor and asking for... well, a referral. (Not the insurance paperwork kind, but a specific suggestion of where to go.)
TtwYQZlgBokGpeoX
Date: 2013-05-28 05:36 am (UTC)YbjwEyAnKc
Date: 2013-06-11 05:41 pm (UTC)